On July 13, 2021, Edwards County, Texas Commissioners passed a resolution in support of Constitutional Rights. If you happen to know the vote count for this resolution, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Verification Citation/Source: Edwards County, TX– County Commissioners
Resolution date passed: 13 Jul 2021
Vote Count: Unknown.
EDWARDS COUNTY RESOLUTION ESTABLISHING EDWARDS COUNTY AS A CONSTITUTIONAL COUNTY
WHEREAS. Edwards County is a political subdivision of the State of Texas and the United States: and
WHEREAS, the Edwards County Commissioners’ Court believe in the Rule of Law under the United States Constitution: and
WHEREAS, these rights are retained by the People and protected by the Constitution of these United States, and the Constitution of the State of Texas: and
WHEREAS, the Ninth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America states: the enumeration in the Constitution. of certain rights. shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people,” protects ancillary rights that are specifically listed in the Constitution and further builds upon the Tenth Amendment: and
WHEREAS. the Tenth Amendment to the Constitution of the United States of America states: “The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States. are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people ” and
WHEREAS, Article 1 Section 1 of the Texas State Constitution states, – Texas is a free and independent State, subject only to the Constitution of the United States, and the maintenance of our free institutions and the perpetuity of the Union depend upon the preservation of the right of local self-government, unimpaired to all the States:” and
WHEREAS, Article 1 Section 2 of the Texas State Constitution states. “All political power is inherent in the people, and all free governments are founded on their authority. and instituted for their benefit. The faith of the people of Texas stands pledged to the preservation of a republican form of government. and, subject to this limitation only. they have at all times the inalienable right to alter, reform or abolish their government in such manner as they may think expedient:” and
WHEREAS, the people of these United States are and have the right to be free and independent. And these rights are derived from the “Law of Nature and from God. As such they must be free from infringements on the rights to keep and bear arms: unreasonable searches and seizures; capricious detainments. and every other natural right whether enumerated or not pursuant to the Ninth Amendment to the US Constitution,” and
WHEREAS, the Edwards County Commissioners Court maintains that no Agency established by Congress can develop its own policies and/or regulations that supersede the US Constitution or the Bill of Rights; nor does the Executive Branch have the power to make law, overturn law or set aside law.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED by the Edwards County Commissioners’ Court that any federal officer, agent, or employee regardless of Congressional authorization is required to obey and observe limitations consisting of the enumerated powers as detailed within Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED by the Edwards County Commissioners’ Court that in order to protect the people the following will not be considered legal or valid and will not be allowed or tolerated within Edwards County:
1. Orders restricting citizens from the free exercise of their religion or the right to freely assemble as guaranteed in the First Amendment,
2. Orders depriving its citizens of life, liberty, or property without due process of law as guaranteed in the Fifth Amendment,
3. Registration of personal firearms under any circumstances,
4. Confiscation of firearms without probable cause, due process and constitutionally compliant warrants issued by local or state jurisdiction,
5. Audits or searches of citizens’ personal affairs or finances without probable cause. due process and constitutionally compliant warrants issued by local or state jurisdiction,
6. Inspections of person or property without probable cause, due process and constitutionally compliant warrants issued by local or state jurisdiction,
7. The detainment or search of citizens without probable cause and proper due process compliance or informed consent of the citizen,
8. Arrest with continued incarceration without charge and/or lack of due process. including but not limited to public and speedy jury trials in a court of local or state jurisdiction, and
9. Any other process that is not enumerated in Article 1, Section 8 of the US Constitution.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Edwards County Commissioners’ Court shall not authorize or appropriate funds, resources, employees, for the purpose of enforcing any element of such acts, laws, orders, mandates, rules or regulations, that infringe on the right of the People as listed hereinabove and are enumerated in the Constitution and Bill of Rights. Nor will the Court Office support the enforcement of any civil action or any criminal charge against any person for trespass which is based on that person’s failure to comply with unconstitutional mandates or orders. Furthermore, the Court supports:
1. the arrest, detainment and prosecution of any government official or agent thereof who knowingly and deliberately violates the rights of the people under the authority of an unconstitutional order, edict, mandate, proclamation, directive, or regulation; and
2. the arrest, detainment, and prosecution of any government official or agent thereof who uses his or her position or office to influence any private (non-governmental) person or corporation to act in such a way as to coerce any person or entity to comply with unconstitutional orders edicts, mandates. proclamations, directives or regulations.
NOW THEREFORE BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED; that the Edwards County Commissioners’ Court designates Edwards County as a Constitutional County” and the Bill of Rights will be strictly enforced within the jurisdictional boundaries of this County.
Presented and passed by the Edwards County Commissioners’ Court this 13th day of July, 2021.
Marty Graham, Commissioner Precinct 1
Lee Sweeten, Commissioner Precinct 2
Matt Fry, Commissioner Precinct 3
Kenneth Reed, Commissioner Precinct 4
Souli Asa Shanklin, County Judge
Please Support Us On Patreon
If you support the work that we are doing, please consider contributing to our Patreon. Google likes to cut off our ads from time to time, so we really need your help! Keeping a site like this up and running is very expensive, so if you’d like to help us out, please visit: https://www.patreon.com/sanctuarycounties you can also click on the image below. Thanks!
We recently launched a new website. It is a news aggregation website that gathers news from across the country related to the Constitutional Sanctuary movement. The website is called ConstitutionalSanctuaries.com. The site is updated daily, so check it out if you’d like to stay up to date on the latest Constitutional Sanctuary news!
New Web Store!
We recently set up an online store: https://www.redbubble.com/people/SanctuaryCounty/. RedBubble is a very popular online platform that allows you to support our efforts by purchasing our designs on dozens of different products including T-shirts, hoodies, tote bags, masks, magnets, coffee mugs, pillows, etc. If you would like to support us, please consider shopping from our store!