On February 4, 2021, the Ralls County Commissioners and Sheriff signed a proclamation declaring federal acts, laws orders, rules, and regulations null and void. The proclamation was signed by Commissioners Wiley Hibbard, John Lake, Junior Muehring and Sheriff Brad Stinson.
Verification Citation/Source: Ralls County, MO – County Commissioners & Sheriff
Proclamation date passed: 4 Feb 2021
On this 4th day of February, 2021, Ralls County Presiding Commissioner Wiley Hibbard, Western Commissioner John Lake, Eastern Commissioner Junior Muehring, and Sheriff Brad Stinson agree to and sign the following proclamation:
WHEREAS, the Declaration of Independence adopted by the Continental Congress on July 4th, 1776 set forth and established as self-evident true that all people are endowed by their creator with certain inalienable rights, a number of these inalienable rights have been adopted as part of the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Missouri.
WHEREAS, the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, which is part of the Bill of Rights states a well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
WHEREAS, elected officials in Missouri, before assuming the duties of the office to which they are elected do solemnly swear or affirm to support the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of Missouri.
WHEREAS, Article 1 Second 23 of the Missouri Constitution states- That the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms, ammunition, and accessories typical to the normal function of such arms, in defense of his home, person, family and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power, shall not be questioned. The rights guaranteed by this section shall be unalienable. Any restriction on these rights shall be subject to strict scrutiny and the state of Missouri shall be obligated to uphold these rights and shall under no circumstances decline to protect against their infringement. Nothing in this section shall be construed to prevent the general assembly from enacting general laws which limit the rights of convicted violent felons or those adjuicated by a court to be a danger to self or others as result of a mental disorder or mental infirmity.
THEREFORE, the County Commissioners and Sheriff of the Ralls County in the performance of their oaths of office, feel compelled in the exercise of their office to make and declare the following resolution-
All federal acts, laws, orders, rules, and regulations, whether past, present, or future, which infringe on the people’s right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed by the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution shall be invalid in this county, shall not be recognized by this county, are specifically rejected by this county, and shall be considered null and void and of no effect in this county.
Such federal acts, laws, rules, and regulations include, but are not limited to:
- The provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1934;
- The provisions of the federal Gun Control Act of 1968;
- Any tax, levy, fee, or stamp imposed on firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition not common to all Other goods and services which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by Law-abiding citizens;
- Any registering or tracking of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which could have a chilling Effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;
- Any registering or tracking of the owners of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition which could have a chilling effect on the purchase or ownership of those items by law-abiding citizens;
- Any act forbidding the possession, ownership, or use or transfer of any type of firearm, firearm accessory, or Ammunition by law-abiding citizens;
- Any act ordering the confiscation of firearms, firearm accessories, or ammunition from law-abiding citizens