The California Rifle and Pistol Association, Shasta County Gun Owners chapter will be presenting a Second Amendment Resolution to the Shasta County Board of Supervisors on 7/21/2020 at 9:00 AM at the following address: 1450 Court St., Redding, CA 96001-1673. They request anyone who is able to attend to please do so!
Below is a map of the location where the meeting is to be held.
The following information is from their flyer:
- The Second Amendment is guaranteed to all people. It is not a “permission” given by government, but a limitation on government over-reach. A Second Amendment Sanctuary Jurisdiction makes a statement that it will not enforce unconstitutional gun laws.
- The Supreme Court in McDonald v. City of Chicago recognized that the Second Amendment applies to states as well. “No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States.”
- The reason for this Resolution is to make a statement that the rights of the people matter and to be proactive in the face of on-going gun control laws being passed that infringe on the Second Amendment
- Please support pro-Second Amendment organizations. To join or start a CRPA Chapter go to www.crpa.org/programs/chapters/
- Media inquiries: contact Kevin Small at 800-305-2772 or firstname.lastname@example.org